Thursday, October 8, 2009

What's Love Got To Do With It?

What's Love Got to do With it? 

It's so easy to get caught up with life in general. People go about their days impacting others and often don't realize how they've affected someone else. I wonder, how often have I left someone devastated, hurt, happy, grateful, regretful, etc. Could I have reacted differently, or could I have been more understanding? Often we wonder why people behave the way they do or why they say the things they say and there's usually always a reason, we just don't always know what it is. 


I needed a reminder today. I have to remember it every day. One word...


Love

Whenever possible, always love, no matter what the circumstance is. It's truly all about love!!!


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13 


7 comments:

  1. Faith, hope & love...but the greatest...love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children's singer/songwriter (and National Public Radio commentator) Bill Harley has a song about this. Here's the lyric: "Touch one thing and find it's part of something else; try to realize you're part of it yourself."

    Each interaction in our day is part of His gloriously huge plan! We have the freewill to choose love or not. Given the tremendous impact our interactions can have, shouldn't we choose love--always!?

    I was just meditating on what Jesus told his disciples about "going and making disciples." It has to start the way he started with them. With relationship. With unconditional love. With patience and kindness, with not easily being angered, etc., etc.

    The power of God's amazing love....every day, for every one.

    LOVE this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hits me today right where I need to be revived. Love is a choice, not always a feeling or emotion. And it's not about me.

    God's word is alive. Thanks for sharing this breath with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very true....yet some days hard to live...

    Thanks for your visit and sweet words at my blog. I've been so out of touch due to the wedding and am hoping that things are going to be leveling out now...

    I appreciate your words here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reminder Carmen. I am having trouble these days showing love to people who hurt me. I am praying for God to give me strength to be a bigger person. It is hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It certainly is easier said than done...I guess that's why we all need to be reminded sometimes. Isn't it funny that the ones we love most are also sometimes the hardest to love? Yet the one who loves us, loves us with an unconditional love. It's so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last line was meant to read, "Yet the One who loves us,"

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your insights! Thanks for visiting!