Wednesday, January 11, 2012
There is an excerpt from this book that outlines the progress of the rise and fall of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history (attributing to them an average lifespan of approximately 200 years). Here is the outline, according to Dr. David Jeremiah.
"From bondage to spiritual faith
From spiritual faith to great courage
From courage to liberty
From liberty to abundance
From abundance to complacency
From complacency to apathy
From apathy to dependence
From dependence, back into bondage."
It makes sense to me because I’ve seen the latter 5 parts of this list following WW1 and WW2. Can we figure out where exactly our nations currently sit in this cycle? What are some of the signs we should look for?
In the book “Family and Civilization” by Dr. Carle Zimmerman, there are 11 symptoms of final decay which were present in the fall of both the Greek and Roman civilizations. Do any of these look familiar to you?
1. No fault divorce
2. Increased disrespect for parents and parenthood
3. Meaningless marriage rites/ceremonies
4. Defamation of past national heroes
5. Acceptance of alternative marriage forms
6. Widespread attitudes of feminism, narcissism, hedonism
7. Propaganda of anti-family sentiment
8. Acceptance of most forms of adultery
9. Rebellious children
10. Increased juvenile delinquency
11. Common acceptance of all forms of sexual perversion.
I have to admit, looking at this list is also a little disconcerting. We currently exhibit all of these symptoms, and I believe many of our world’s nations exhibit these symptoms to some degree.
So then, what in the world is going on? What are your thoughts on it?
Thanks for stopping by!