Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Struggle

1 Corinthians 3:13-15

"The work of each will become known for the day will disclose and declare it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test and critically appraise the character and worth of the work each person has done. If the work which any person has built on this Foundation survives, he will get his reward. But if any person’s work is burned up, he will suffer the loss though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire."

I needed to read this today!

I do a lot of inner reflecting, and what I find in myself is not what I want to see. Though I try, I fall short. When I look back, I realize that I had as much to gain through my service as anyone else...though what I did seemed right at the time. 

The heart is so deceptive. 

Our desires are for ourselves, but we dress it up in pretty papers of righteousness. We truly deceive ourselves!

The beginning of this chapter speaks of how slowly we grow in Christ. I think it’s human nature to rely on ourselves, and it’s hard to give up that control. We get a glimpse of how things could be when we are saved, and we spend the rest of our walk trying to find it again...but it requires letting go! Oddly, we long to be close to God, to follow Him in truth; yet we resist.

So I am encouraged today by what I’ve read. It reminds me that though I may struggle and though I fall, He keeps His promise to me, for He is faithful!

1 Corinthians 3:16,17
"Do you not discern and understand that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit has His permanent dwelling in you. If anyone does hurt to God’s temple or corrupts it or destroys it, God will do hurt to him and bring him to the corruption of death and destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, and that you are."

Blessings,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your insights! Thanks for visiting!