Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Watching the Middle East

I've been keeping a close eye on the Middle East these days. There are so many voices and rumblings going on. I'm wondering how things are going to pan out this September, when the U.N. General Assembly will put in their vote to recognize a Palestinian state along Israel's 1967 borders. This would be catastrophic for Israel, and could force them to war.

So today I wanted to post a video on just how this looks for Israel.



It appears that a UN resolution to recognize a Palestinian State within 1967 borders would be illegal according to jurists and international lawyers from around the world according to this LETTER written to the UN Secretary General, Ban Ki Moon.

 Truthfully, I wondered how on earth they could just claim the territory as theirs and then put Israel in a place of defense on their own borders....whether the Palestinians recognize them as such, or not. Israel did win the land during a war that Israel did not start. I am not anti Palestinian, but do not agree with their methods regarding this issue.

Thanks for watching and have a good week!

Carmen

6 comments:

  1. Hello, I come to via another friends blog.. I am co~author of http://heartofthehome-blog.blogspot.com/ and I enjoyed browsing your blog and wanted to introduce ourselves.. Heart of the Home is a womens ministry reaching out to women with encouragement from Gods word and his design for women as wives, mothers, friends and etc.. Hope you will get a chance to stop by and visit us, and that we can become Blogging Buddies.. Have a great weekend.. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am familiar with your blog. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. You write about hard things--things that go way over my head..lol but I wanted to come by and say hello!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen Thank you for your wonderful post to my blog when I picked up your freebie. Yes, we are off to tell the world about our wonderful, beautiful, magnificent and Holy Lord. I just found this one of your blogs and will put it on my desk top. It is always so wonderful to have someplace to go and read and know that there is a kindred spirit worshiping the same Lord as we travel and are away from our home. Which these days is turning out to be about constantly. The World is hungrier than people realize and we want to make sure they get fed, healed and saved. Thank you Sweetie for all you do and this wonderful blog . Hugs Cathy (Mercieschild)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just stepped over from Beyond the Fringe! I don't what will happen regarding Israel. I used to think the world would end with a final war, but God would step in and say enough is enough. Now I think these are the end times and things are going to get worse. I am a Bible based Christian and Revelations is particularly difficult to understand, but I don't want to be alive when everything happens! I gave up my spiritual blog as no one seemed to be listening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela! The Bible is actually fairly clear on what will happen. There will be another war, two for sure, that will be focused on Israel and the middle east. There will be another Temple built (they are in the process of training the priests in OT temple procedures right now, since they do not believe in Christ. Christ will not come back until they, as a nation, recognize who Christ is, and say "Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord." Anyway, I hope to write on some of that in the future.

    You're right though...people don't want to hear it, but one day they will, and this humble little blog will still be out there and maybe it'll help them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your insights! Thanks for visiting!