Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Well, it's Thursday today which means I get to give thanks for all the wonderful things in my life. If you'd like to play along, please click on the button above for instructions.

Here are 5 things I am thanking God for today.

1) I am thankful that the weather is back to normal. I know...ho hum...but I really mean it. In Kamloops the summers are extremely hot, and the winters are extremely cold. This year the weather decided to throw us all for a loop and do really strange things at really strange times. It's been a roller coaster ride! Septembers are usually lovely though...and so far, this September has been great. I love the Fall!

2) I am so, so, so thankful for the Internet! With it I have been able to self-diagnose my medical problem and start on some recovery procedures. Don't worry, I'm very careful and am letting my Doctor's Office know what I am doing. It turns out it is something doctor's are not well informed on. So who knows how long it would have been before I could get some relief! I'm sooooo thankful for that because I've been in a lot of pain the last two months!

3) I was reminded again this week how wonderful my blogging friends are. I just started a craft blog, and one of my male blogging friends has actually gone and looked at it a few times and left comments. So sweet!! I also have another blogging friend who has gone and left comments. I so appreciate your loyalties! Thank you!

4) I am also thankful to have a Craft Blog (I know, shameless self-promotion). Honestly though, I love to do things with my hands and be creative. It's something I haven't done a lot of over the years since I had 4 boys who really weren't into crafts, but who kept me running. Give them a chunk of wood and an axe, or an engine to fix, and they'd be happy. So being able to express myself in this way again and share it with others, is a dream come true! Silly, I know, but I'm having fun.

5) I am really thankful that my sister, who was one year old when we left Holland, has gone back to Holland with my Dad to meet all her relatives. Now I know this doesn't apply to me directly, but I really can't wait until she gets back and we can have our chats about Holland. So I guess what I'm really thankful for, is a sister who I can talk with. We often take family for granted...but it's so nice when they're there!

Okay...that's it! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Until next time,
Carmen

10 comments:

  1. What a delightful blog post. I'm glad you are enjoying your new blog about crafting! Raising 4 boys is not conducive to doing crafts. I have 5 girls and only 1 boy so we are into crafts but I'm not crafty, so my girls come up with ideas and show me how to do them!

    Take Care,
    Sonya Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some wonderful things to be thankful for:) I keep forgetting that you are from Holland. Why did they decide to leave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sonya! =D

    Terri, my parents say they moved here because there were more opportunities for them and their kids. Holland is a little place with a big population. You were put on a waiting list for a couple of years just to rent a place. I don't think it's as bad now...they've built more rentals...but owning your own home is still rare there.

    I believe it also had something to do with the fact that my Dad's father died of a heart attack, and a little while later his mother was murdered in her bed during a robbery. Very sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am thankful for the change in the weather. Looking forward to the fall colors and the crispness of the air.
    Blessings ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list, Carmen! I so wish I lived where it got cooler in Sept. It's just HOT here. Hope you're well.

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankful for this internet thingie too, which connects me with friends across the miles.

    Delighted to meet you today.

    Splashing for HIs glory,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 3 boys...I totally understand about crafts! I just opend an etsy shop for my handmades...the boys are real good about letting me know how my things look, LOL!
    Great list,
    Praises,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great TT Carmen. Sorry it took me so long to get back here. I thought I had already commented here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awful for your dad's mother! Wow-- I never knew that area was like that with housing and all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog from Angie's place and sending your well-wishes - isn't blogland a wonderful supportive place?

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your insights! Thanks for visiting!