Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

It's Thankful Thursday again, and boy do I have a lot to be thankful for! First of all, please check out Truth 4 the Journey to participate.

So here are my five:

1) Hubby and I have been stranded in Port Hardy since last Sunday with a broken car. It's been a real blessing, to be honest. First of all I'm thankful that there was a dealership in the small town of Port Hardy that could fix our car. Even if we've had to wait 4 days so far for parts.

2) I'm thankful for the fish my husband was able to catch off the wharf while we've been here. They're being frozen right now and we'll take them with us when we go (if we don't decide to retire here). So far he's caught a 7 lb., a 10 lb., and a 12 lb. salmon. My husband loves to fish and really misses it in semi-arid Kamloops. There's lakes around Kamloops, but it's not like fishing in the ocean. I haven't seen him this happy in a long time!

3) After talking with some of the fishermen on the wharf, I'm so thankful for my home. It's not really big and it's not new, but it's warm and inviting. They say their accommodations on the fishing boats are just fine...but I'm still thankful...really thankful for my home. Even if there isn't an ocean outside my door. (which, btw I'd love!)

4)You have no idea how happy I am that there's a good scrapbooking place in town. I think that the scrapbooking store owner (Sandy) is even happier! We've had quite a few conversations, exchanged ideas, blogs, websites, etc. It's been a blast! God is so good.

5) In spite of the fact that this has been a day by day process, where at the end of the day we find out that we have to stay another night...it's been good. Port Hardy is a small fishing town that is at the northern point of Vancouver Island. We took a large Ferry from Prince Rupert on the mainland to get here. This beautifully scenic 15 hour sailing takes place every day between these two places. The hotels are often booked every second night...which can cause problems with lodging. To date, we've stayed at a honeymoon suite two nights (last one available...and since we celebrated 25 years this year, quite appropriate), the Pioneer Inn (blech, but the last room in town), the Quarterdeck Marina (really nice room) and back to the Glen Lyon Motel (the room above the honeymoon suite we stayed in earlier...but even nicer, strangely). They tell us if the part comes in on the bus today, we'll be out of here tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers crossed. I want to see my son before our holidays are over! In the meanwhile, I think I'll jump in the jacuzzi! Isn't God good?!

So, those are my five. My internet access has been limited since we've been gone, but I'm glad I was able to post a little something today. Have a wonderful weekend. I hope it's cooler where you are than in my hometown of Kamloops (38C or 100.4F).

Talk to you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Wow - talk about an extended vacation! Glad you have such a cheerful attitude about it. You & hubby are both getting your hobby needs met, plus a "2nd honeymoon." WONDERFUL!

    But hope you are home soon, when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love extended vacations....always try and extend mine...

    ...so glad that I stopped by....My blog reading has been so little the last few weeks...but have a few free days to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu sound like you are making the most of it! Enjoy your time away and stop in when you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having the loss of Internet is one thing. Being without your car is quite something else! Goodness, but you do know how to make lemonade out of lemons!!

    Trust you are working your way to more fun and will catch us all up on it later! They call it a journey for a reason, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can find something positive in everything if you just look. Now get those salmon on the smoker and get them headed my way. :) Please.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your insights! Thanks for visiting!